Alice Temperley’s collection for her own brand, Temperley London, was shown at the elaborate Great George Street. This season she was inspired by 18th Century religious paintings which resulted in titling her show ‘Renaissance’. Despite starting off over ten years ago, it has rightly received a prominent spot light due to their collection being worn by the Duchess of Cambridge and her sister Pippa to numerous royal occasions. The Royal influence compliments their Autumn/Winter collection which included bright pink floral appliques and crept up long cream lace robes. There were also red quilted silk and gold sequin A-line skirts which were worn with white, lace edged blouses that referenced Slavic folklore. Their woolen capes and pencil skirts offered a more casual look for the season ahead, while tailored frock coats and matching velvet fitted jackets and trousers proved Temperleys capability of producing more opulent pieces. The collection was finished off with Charlotte Olympia footwear, Mawi jewellery and bouffant Russian fur hats. Temperely has shown us how to do Autumn Winter with true class and elegance.
Written by Kate Sinclair
Images courtesy Temperley London
Zalando is a new online store which offers customer’s the chance to pick the best shoes, clothes, beauty products and accessories with a simple click of their mouse. Catering for women, men and children the site offers the best of fashion from an array of internationally renowned labels labels including Diesel, Tibi, French Connection, Vero Moda & Malene Birger. As well as showcasing the work of established brands the site also displays the work of lesser known brands such as Samsoe & Samsoe. Regardless of whether your look is sporty, chic, boho or glamorous – Zalando will have something for you.
The site is perfect for Christmas as you can buy all your gifts in one place and if your unsure of what to buy someone then choose a Zalando gift voucher, they’re perfect for all price budgets as you can choose how much you spend.
Best of all the site offers free shipping and returns which ensures hassle free shopping.
Check out TSC’s favourite Zalando pieces.
Head over to zalando.co.uk to grab yourself some beautiful buys.
Article by Amrit Bansal
Fresh and perfect to lighten your dim winter days, teal and jewel emerald tones takes their perfect turn this season as high end designers and retailers flaunt the ultimate block, green shaded look. It may not be the first time these beauties have gone big, but it’s certainly returned with an edge. TheStyleColumn caters your stylish needs as we take you through some of the hottest accessories and garments available this season to perfectly add a trendy twist to your winter work wardrobe or your next girly night out.
Roberto Cavalli, £325……....…………………….Emilio Pucci, £530
Article by Unsah Malik
The Style Column made a spot on fashion prediction earlier this year and just in case you didn’t snap up the gorgeous pieces we showed you then, here’s a selection of some gorgeous glittery pieces that are available now. Read on to see The Style Column’s best sparkly pieces and our suggestions on how to wear them. Prepare to dazzle your way through winter with embellishment, sequins glitter and sparkle.
1. Mui Mui, Glitter covered leather belt, £160 – This adorable belt is a great way to add some subtle sparkle to your look if your unsure if trying out the glitter look.
2. Temperley London, Fern silk-chiffon and embellished tulle gown, £2,200 – Be the belle of the ball in this stunning Temperley gown. Keep accessories minimal with a sleek hair updo and a pretty hairband, add a jewelled clutch (http://www.thestylecolumnblog.com/2011/11/06/to-have-and-to-hold/) for the wow factor.
3. Deepa Gurnani, Gold Embellished headband, £60 – As mentioned before this headband although simple, is extremely effective. Wear with loose tumbling waves for a boho chic look.
4. Mui Mui, Glitter Ballerina, £400 – Mui Mui have found the perfect way to incorporate the glitter trend into your everyday or workwear look. Team with some cigarette pants and a white shirt for an on trend office outfit.
5. Lanvin, Swarovski crystal-embellished rose choker, £2,460 – Lanvin constantly creates stunning investment pieces and this choker is no exception. Wear over a plain black vest with some dark skinny jeans to show it off to its full potential, optionally team with a sheer dress to play up to the chokers luxurious look.
6. Ted Baker, Glitter Bow Clutch £55.00- Ted Baker’s AW clutch is another subtle way of dabbling with the trend without committing to an outfit piece. It will look fantastic with a chic blouse, glam sandals and stacks of bangles.
7. Marc by Marc Jacobs, Jane at the disco across-body bag, £225 – Marc Jacobs body bag is another great way to subtly try out the glitter trend, and due to the timeless style and colour will last your for years to come.
8. Topshop, Glitter Heel Platform Shoes, £65.00 – Topshop’s glitter platforms emulate a high fashion piece with their luxurious suede and multi glitter effect. Invest in a pair for an instant wardrobe update.
9. Kenneth Jay Lane, Swarovski crystal cocktail ring, £155 – This stunning ring from KJL will look fantastic as a finishing piece to an elegant gown or also as a contrast piece to a funky mini dress.
10. Bijoux heart, Mystique 24-karat gold-plated Swarovski crystal necklace, £775 – Team this with a blue strapless evening gown and a multicoloured clutch to bring out the stunning array of colours in the necklace.
11. Matthew Williamson, Sequin and feather hand-woven dress, £2,500 – This stunning creation is without a doubt the ultimate party dress to have this year. Hand woven sequins and ostrich feathers give the outfit a luxurious feel whilst the mini dress fit keeps the look on trend and edgy.
12. Marc by Marc Jacobs, Heart pavé crystal ring, £110 – Wear this ring with a stripy breton top and some high waisted coloured shorts for an edgier take on the trend.
13. Alexander Wang, High-rise metallic pants, £415 – These pants aren’t for the faint hearted, the super skinny fit and metallic pink finish make these perfect for someone wanting to take a different approach to the party look. Team with a black vest and blazer to give the trousers a classy finish.
14. Michael Kors, Two-tone sequin-embellished jacket, £285 – This stunning blazer would look amazing with grey skinny trousers and a nude hue top. Team with a dramatic pair of earrings to set your look off.
15. Anya Hindmarch, Valorie glitter clutch pink, £275 – Anya Hindmarch is known for her stunning bags and this clutch helps to maintain that reputation. The glitter colour would look fantastic worn with the Topshop heels shown above.
By Amrit Bansal.